International students from over 85 countries pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Symbiosis, which is regarded as one of the best university in India for international students. Students and faculty are provided with opportunities to pursue their international academic interests to the fullest, be it through academic exchanges, or exposure to international conferences, seminars, workshops, and other resources making SCIE one of the most sought after international university in India.
- Symbiosis Centre for International Education is a special and central department created for International Students.
- This department takes care of international students’ right from their admission till the time they graduate from this University.
- This department acts as a common platform for International Students not only of SIU but from colleges and Universities across Pune.
- This department conducts regular meetings with International Students across all institutes of SIU.
- SCIE organizes an orientation program for International Students to orient them with the philosophy of the University, the institute, the city and culturally sensitize the students with the surroundings.
Internationalization at Symbiosis works on multiple tracks, for which the Symbiosis Centre for International Education has three departments:
- Promoting international understanding through quality education
- To inculcate the spirit of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (the world is one family)
- To contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination
- To promote ethical and value-based learning
- To foster the spirit of national development
- To inculcate cross cultural sensitization
- To develop global competencies amongst students
- To nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- To enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- To promote health and wellness amongst students, staff and the community
- To instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards the community and environment
- To produce thought provoking leaders for the society